Nursing at Lakeside
Accomplish recognise that our nurses form an integral part of the clinical team at Lakeside. We value all of our nurses, no matter what stage they are in their career. Our aim is to support and develop our nurses so that we can organically grow our managers for the future. Could that be you?
So, why come and work at Lakeside?
1) We will support you to accomplish your nursing potential. At Lakeside you can expand your knowledge and explore different areas of mental health to gain a broad range of experience, including our DBT Unit.
2) Strive to be the best. Quality is our primary focus at Lakeside. Gain experience from working alongside our experienced Quality team to further your professional development.
3) Make a difference to the people we support. Never underestimate your contribution to the lives of everyone you support. We recognise and celebrate the contribution our nurses make to improving the lives and positive experiences they create for the patients at Lakeside.
4) Bespoke facilities. Our purpose built campus provides a safe and supportive environment where you can make a difference to the lives of the patients while also developing you skill
5) Excellent pay and benefits – You will receive a fantastic rate of pay and some excellent benefits
6) Continual Professional Development – We have a strong learning culture and we’re keen to invest in your training and continued development
7) Nurse Pathway – We have various paths you can follow and the path you select maybe influenced by an interest you have
8) Supportive mentors – You will be allocated an experienced mentor who will work side-by-side with you for the first 3 months. They will support you by setting and monitoring achievement of realistic learning objectives and provide you with any additional support you may require.
Ongoing Training and Development
All new starters receive a full induction, which covers everything you will need to have a successful start in your career at accomplish. Working at Lakeside will give you the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge across a wide variety of clinical specialisms. No two days are the same in this fast paced and changing environment so you will get lots of exciting opportunities to utilise your professional skills, knowledge and expertise.
If you are a Healthcare Assistant and are interested in becoming a nurse then you could join our nurse secondment scheme where we will support you to become a qualified nurse. If you are a newly qualified nurse you can continue your development by joining our Preceptorship programme, which is delivered at Lakeside by experienced mentors. More details about our nurse secondment scheme and Preceptorship programme can be found below.
Further to our nurse development qualifications we can also provide recognised Leadership and Management qualifications. These qualifications aim to build upon you clinical knowledge and expertise by developing your leadership skills in preparation of you becoming a Senior Nurse or Unit Manager. We also offer our nurses the opportunity to train to become a mentor. This training will provide you with the knowledge and skills to enable you to facilitate learning for other nurses and care staff at Lakeside.
Opportunities for all – your career pathway at accomplish
We offer a range of opportunities at Lakeside for our nurses, regardless of what stage you are in your career.
Pathway to becoming a Unit General Manager
|If you are Healthcare Assistant looking to develop your career and become a qualified Registered Mental Health Nurse this is a fantastic opportunity for you. At Lakeside we enable you to develop your career, whilst working and earning an income. This opportunity will allow you to work while also attending University with a guaranteed position at the end of your training*(*Guarantee of permanent position based on successful completion of relevant course within a 3 year timeframe).||Our preceptorship programme offers support and guidance to our newly qualified nurses. We recognise that this is the time in your career when you are going to need the most help and support and accomplish want to be by your side, supporting you to fulfil your potential to become the best you can be.||Once you are working as a fully qualified RMN or RNLD, we will support you with you continual professional development in order for you to gain the skills and experience to progress within the company to potentially become a Unit General Manager. There are opportunities for you to become the Person In Charge and oversee the whole site. We have also sponsored our nurses to undertake degree modules in specialisms relating to practice.|
Pay and benefits
• £35,000 pa
• Welcome bonus of £2,000 (paid in two instalments, half when you start and half once you pass probation)
• £1,000 annual bonus
• Enhanced overtime rates of time and a third during weekdays and time and a half during weekends
• Your professional NMC membership paid
• Comprehensive induction and sector leading training
• 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Subsidised meals
• Free on-site parking
• Duvet days
• CPD training
• Long service awards
Employee pathways – Our current employees
We are proud to have a significant number of nurses who have remained with Accomplish for many years. Some of our nurses have achieved Senior Nurse, Unit Manager and PIC nursing posts through working hard, continuous professional development, as well as coaching and support from a mentor.
See some of the development paths our current employees have taken and let them inspire you to develop your career.
Insert short introduction to Victoria’s career here.
Insert short introduction to Thomas’s career here.
Insert short introduction to Bethany’s career here.
How to contact us
To find out more about the fantastic opportunities we have available, please call 0300 124 0117 or email .firstname.lastname@example.org.
News and events
Good Clean Fun and Support
Hygiene is very much at the forefront of everyone’s minds at the moment and one...
World Autism Day
EVERY year, Accomplish Group hosts an event on World Autism Day which has, over the...
Harvey Road Hosts Open Day
Guest including a special VIP visitor gathered recently to celebrate the official launch of a our...
Finalists at HealthInvestor Awards 2020
We are proud to announce we have been named as a finalist at this year’s...
Boston House is Officially Open
An innovative new service to support people affected by brain injury has been officially opened...