Transition for Young Adults
Our transition services support young people who are leaving school or college and setting out on adult life. Moving forward can be an exciting and challenging time and with it can bring lots of changes. Transition is about making choices about your future and accomplish can provide a range of services which are responsive to your needs.
Our aim is to work together in an integrated way with all involved to ensure a smooth transition onto the next chapter of your life. We encourage and motivate you to feel good about yourself. Everyone is supported to gain confidence and do the things that are important to them and ultimately to lead happy and fulfilled lives. We encourage you to have a voice about what matters in your life and our support is focussed on ensuring that your voice is heard about every aspect of your life.
We can offer:
- Residential and supported living services in the heart of the local community
- Person-centred planning
- Help with personal budgets
- Choice and control
- Health and Wellbeing
We work alongside you and your circle of support to:
- Improve quality of life
- Achieve individual goals and aspirations
- Gains skills and confidence to live independently
- Enable an active role in the community
Transition to Adulthood, what does the future hold?
The move to an accomplish adult residential or supported living service is an exciting opportunity for a young person to start developing greater independence. Our support offers you the opportunity to develop daily living skills, make the most of social activities in the service and within the wider community, enjoy leisure interests and hobbies and even find local work, volunteering or study opportunities.
Guidance and Specialist Support
We will work with you at your own pace actively listening all the way. We will provide you with a keyworker and skills match wherever possible to support you with things you like doing.
Where possible we can offer support with:
- Social and recreational needs
- Vocational retraining
- Personal budget and finance management
- Travel training
- Skills development and re-enablement
- Your health and wellbeing including emotional support
- Respite and Outreach support
- Building links with friends, family and the community
- Household tasks
- Access to independent advocacy
- Education and employment opportunities
- Community inclusion
- Encouraging self-management of your health needs
- One of the first things we do is to assign you with a key worker.
- We ensure that you and your family are fully involved in every part of the process.
- An assessment is carried out to ensure we understand every aspect of the your needs and what you want to achieve.
- Our Autism and Behaviour Advisors provide specialist input.
- Our accommodation and support living services are entirely tailored to your needs and wishes.
- Transition visits are arranged help you to get to know staff teams and an opportunity to meet other young people.
Person Centred Planning
We provide positive, flexible and encouraging support for everyone. Our person-centred approach enables you to achieve your goals and aspirations in life. Everyone is encouraged to have belief in reaching their full potential within a safe, nurturing and positive environment. Our staff support you to create a person-centred plan that tells us how you want to live your life now and in the future. Through a range of communication tools, we ensure that you are closely involved in the development of your own plan.
Active Support Model
Staff utilise tools such as the Active Support Model. This is a tool used to ensure you are involved with every aspect of your life through carefully planned interventions and mentoring which enables development. The Active Support Model is outcomes focused, which allows monitoring of progress towards maximised participation.
News and events
Cornwall Supported Living – Thomas Buys His Own House
Home ownership is a dream for many people, and for Thomas it had been a...
Christmas Generosity From Bryn Irfon
Staff at a Welsh specialist residential home have donated their Christmas party and Secret Santa...
Wings Takes First Place in the Christmas Card Competition
It was a fantastic competition this year! After receiving so many wonderful entries-each entry so...
Members of the Lakeside Team Become Positive Behaviour Support Mentors
Members of a care team supporting people with learning difficulties, mental health needs and autism...
Cheshire-based Care Team Highly Commended at Prestigious Awards Ceremony
The significant positive impact a Cheshire-based care team has had on a person’s life has...
South West Services Named as Finals in Great British Care Awards
The work of teams supporting people with a learning disability, mental health difficulties, autism and...