We Support STOMP (Stopping over medication of people with a learning disability, autism or both)
STOMP stands for stopping over medication of people with a learning disability, autism or both with psychotropic medicines. STOMP is about helping people to stay well and have a good quality of life.
People with a learning disability, autism or both are more likely to be given these medicines than other people.
Public Health England says that every day about 30,000 to 35,000 adults with a learning disability are taking psychotropic medicines, when they do not have the health conditions the medicines are for. Children and young people are also prescribed them.
We are proud to be one of only 3 independent healthcare providers working with NHS England on this fantastic initiative.
We are committed to the STOMP pledge:
We have implemented the following actions in relation to the STOMP agenda and standards:
1. accomplish has appointed Sue Hullin our Quality and Service Development Director as STOMP lead who has responsibility for action plan delivery
2. accomplish is training all of our staff to understand
- alternatives to medication
- psychotropic medication
- correct principles of care related to NICE guidance
3. accomplish have supported nursing staff and HCA’s as they become trained to implement their training into everyday practice
4. accomplish maintain clear and accurate medication records via record keeping and audit, both internally and external to our organisation
5. accomplish have implemented ALL related NICE guidance and audit via the quality standards
6. accomplish have developed true partnerships working with people, families and carers involving the principles of ASK LISTEN DO ensuring robust review
7. accomplish will continue to publicise our commitments and actions to people we support, staff and the public via this website and our social media channels
Please click the link below to download a copy of the easy read leaflet about the project and supporting people who take psychotropic medicine.
News and events
Cornwall Supported Living – Thomas Buys His Own House
Home ownership is a dream for many people, and for Thomas it had been a...
Christmas Generosity From Bryn Irfon
Staff at a Welsh specialist residential home have donated their Christmas party and Secret Santa...
Wings Takes First Place in the Christmas Card Competition
It was a fantastic competition this year! After receiving so many wonderful entries-each entry so...
Members of the Lakeside Team Become Positive Behaviour Support Mentors
Members of a care team supporting people with learning difficulties, mental health needs and autism...
Cheshire-based Care Team Highly Commended at Prestigious Awards Ceremony
The significant positive impact a Cheshire-based care team has had on a person’s life has...
South West Services Named as Finals in Great British Care Awards
The work of teams supporting people with a learning disability, mental health difficulties, autism and...