We Support STOMP (Stopping over medication of people with a learning disability, autism or both)
STOMP stands for stopping over medication of people with a learning disability, autism or both with psychotropic medicines. STOMP is about helping people to stay well and have a good quality of life.
People with a learning disability, autism or both are more likely to be given these medicines than other people.
Public Health England says that every day about 30,000 to 35,000 adults with a learning disability are taking psychotropic medicines, when they do not have the health conditions the medicines are for. Children and young people are also prescribed them.
We are proud to be one of only 3 independent healthcare providers working with NHS England on this fantastic initiative.
We are committed to the STOMP pledge:
We have implemented the following actions in relation to the STOMP agenda and standards:
1. accomplish has appointed Sue Hullin our Quality and Service Development Director as STOMP lead who has responsibility for action plan delivery
2. accomplish is training all of our staff to understand
- alternatives to medication
- psychotropic medication
- correct principles of care related to NICE guidance
3. accomplish have supported nursing staff and HCA’s as they become trained to implement their training into everyday practice
4. accomplish maintain clear and accurate medication records via record keeping and audit, both internally and external to our organisation
5. accomplish have implemented ALL related NICE guidance and audit via the quality standards
6. accomplish have developed true partnerships working with people, families and carers involving the principles of ASK LISTEN DO ensuring robust review
7. accomplish will continue to publicise our commitments and actions to people we support, staff and the public via this website and our social media channels
Please click the link below to download a copy of the easy read leaflet about the project and supporting people who take psychotropic medicine.
News and events
James Punch Wins Trainer of the Year Award
Accomplish is delighted to announce that colleague James Punch has been presented with a national...
Accomplish Group went green to mark World Mental Health Day on October 10th
The people we support and our staff teams throughout the group helped to raise awareness...
Accomplish Group Named as Finalists at LaingBuisson Awards
Accomplish Group is delighted to announce we have been named as a finalist for a...
Accomplish Group Wins Care Employer of the Year Award
Accomplish Group’s commitment to valuing and investing in their team has been recognised at a...
Accomplish Named as Finalists at Health Investor Awards
We are delighted to announce that Accomplish has been named as a finalist for a...
Harvey Road Celebrates their 1st Year of Service
Harvey Road in Bournemouth opened at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, but despite the...
The Haven Celebrates 1st Year of Service
The Haven in Haverfordwest opened at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, but despite the...